Friday, February 19, 2010

Reflections

Seth turned ten years old recently, and as I reflect on this journey as a parent, I am amazed at the family I have. God has truly blessed me with the best boys a mom could ask for. I can remember being a young girl and dreaming of getting married and having two children, a boy and a girl. I never imaginged having five children, let alone all boys. I'm so glad we didn't stop having children. Each one of them is so different. When Andrew and I would consider having another baby, we would ask, "I wonder what this one will be like?" There are days when we feel our family is complete and then there are days where we both wish we were pregnant with another. We've heard all the cliche's of having more children, but people who don't have large families don't know what they are missing and how addicting these little beings can be. Yes, there are challenges - no quiet, no privacy, no money, and lots of toys to step on in the wee hours of the night when you're trying to console a crying baby, but how full and richly blessed this family is. And homeschooling, what an adventure! What a privilege to be able to teach my children at home! To teach your children to read is the most amazing feat. I enjoy learning right along with them. I pray Andrew and I are doing right by them. God's word says that if you commit your ways to the Lord you will succeed. We are committed to doing our best to raise these boys to love the Lord their God, the maker of heaven and earth! I can't wait til the weddings and grandbabies start coming!

1 comment:

Brian Stiles said...

You and Andrew are definitely doing right by them!